Christchurch, Forestside, was built in 1852 by Charles Dixon, a wealthy Victorian philanthropist and the owner of nearby Stansted House, to serve his estate workers and the village of Forestside. The parish was formed from parts of Stoughton and Up Marden, and has now been combined with them again as part of the parish of the Octagon. The church is Read more…
Our eight churches
The Octagon Parish is situated at the western end of Sussex between Chichester and Petersfield and within the South Downs National Park. This rural community consists largely of farmland and is made up of the villages and hamlets of Compton, Forestside, Up Marden, West Marden, North Marden, East Marden, Racton, Stansted, Stoughton and Walderton.
The Octagon contains eight uniquely beautiful churches, many of them several hundred years old, seven of which are still open for public worship.
Click the pictures below for more information.
For information on hymns and church services please click here